The Boyd County Board of Education (“Board”) is seeking applications for appointment to fill a vacancy on the Board representing seat in Division # 3. This appointment will be effective until the end of the term December 31, 2020.
Some responsibilities include: setting policy to govern the District; hiring/evaluating the Superintendent; levying taxes and adopting the District budget.
Board members must:
- Be at least 24 years old and a Kentucky citizen for the last three years;
- Be a registered voter in the particular District of the vacancy;
- Have completed the 12th grade or have a GED certificate;
(Requires County Clerk Certification form)
- Meet all other legal qualifications (KRS 160.180); and
- Complete required annual in-service training.
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS October 16 at noon.
Application and County Clerk Certification Form to be completed by applicant are in the link below.
You may mail or drop off applications to:
Boyd County Board of Education
1104 Bob McCullough Drive
Attn: Superintendent Boblett
Ashland, KY 41102