July 17, 2020
Dear Boyd County Public Schools Families,
Thank you for your patience and perseverance over the last few months as our reopening team and other stakeholders have been collaborating to work on a safe and practical reopening plan.
Pending Board of Education approval, our reopening plan allows parents to choose two learning options for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Option 1: Traditional Instruction
- Students attend school Monday through Friday.
- Traditional classroom model.
- Students will be required to follow the current KDE guidance
- Masking (grade 1 and above)
- Masks may be lowered if students are 6 feet apart
- Hand hygiene
- Social distancing
- Option 2: Boyd County Online Virtual Academy
- Parents with public health concerns, due to COVID 19, may choose this option.
- Requires a minimum commitment of the first semester.
- Child must have internet access.
On Monday evening July 20th, a Google Form entitled “BCPS Parent Choice Form” will be released via our social media platforms, IC Caller, and posted on our webpage. If internet access is an issue, we will have paper copies of the form and a drop box available at each school. The form will also include detailed information regarding the learning options being offered as we reopen school this year. In addition, it is very important that you complete one form for each child in your household. All BCPS Parent Choice Forms must be submitted/returned by Friday, July 31st. If a completed form is not returned, you will be contacted directly by your child’s school.
As of today, we are still waiting on further guidance for our preschool students. Information on this program will be released at a later date.
Finally, I encourage you to continue to assist your child in allowing them to become comfortable in wearing a face covering/mask, washing their hands, and following all the Centers for Disease Control and KY Department of Public Health Guidelines. As always, I appreciate all that you do in assisting Boyd County Public Schools in educating your child.