Superintendent Shout Out #7
From the desk of Mr. Holbrook-Boyd County High School
- Shout out to Deputy Wechsler for always being supportive to our staff and students
- Shout out to Mr. Hart and all the students going on the KYA field trip.
- Shout out to Mr. Childers and his students. The Christmas trees are wonderful!
- Thank you, Governor’s School for the Arts, for sending a representative to BCHS to talk with our students
- Shout out to Talbot Taylor for being named the King’s Daughters’ Medical Center’s Male Player of the Week
- Shout out to our BCHS Counselors, Mrs. Fox and Mrs. Lemaster, as well as our Pathways Counselor, Ryan Majher, for all the help you give our students. You do a great job!
- Shout out to the Jazz band for their performance at ACTC Main Campus. You did a great job!
- Shout out to Mrs. Duncan, the Beta Club and Key Club for going on the Secret Santa shopping trip.
- If you see any of the following, give them a big pat on the back for being selected to the following competitive audition-based ensembles! Elijah Miller, Guitar 1, Trent Litteral, Alto Sax 2, Garrett Bloebaum. Tenor Sax 2, April Stinson, Piano 2, JT Ray, Drums 2, Gabe Leitch, Trumpet 5, Jack Sullivan, Trumpet 3, Franny Hendricks, Basson 4, Josiah Thacker, Alto Sax 5, Kayla Baldridge, Bass Clarinet 3, Brie Rice, Tenor Sax 1, Ryan Griffith, Euphonium 4, Matt Dillon, Tuba 2, Kayla Baldridge, All-State Band, Bass Clarinet, All-State Jazz Band 1, Elijah Miller, Guitar 2 – one of only 3 guitarist selected from the entire state!
- Shout out to custodian, Raymond Mullins, for fixing Mrs. Walter’s stool in her classroom with items from his home toolbox! Such a nice surprise!
- Shout out to Mrs. Maynard and students who participated with STLP. They are State bound!
- CONGRATULATIONS to the Seniors for winning the BCHS Food Feud. All food and monetary donations will help the YSC with Christmas food baskets.
- Shout out to Mrs. Ford for organizing Staff Secret Santa
- Shout out to the cafeteria staff for creating a wonderful Thanksgiving meal for students and staff
- Shout out to the BCHS Baseball Team who attended Mrs. Rucker’s church service, arrived early to help carry everything in and set up, stayed and served Thanksgiving dinner to over 350 people. What a blessing!
- CONGRATULATIONS to Elijah Miller for being voted the BCHS Daughters’ of the American Revolution Good Citizen recipient for 2019
- Shout out to Maggie Kinnel for being selected as the BCHS Hugh O’Brien Youth Leadership delegate
From the desk of Doug Deborde, Boyd County Career and Technical Center
- Shout out to Joe Childers and FFA for decorating trees at BCHS
- Shout out to Julie Helton’s class for decorating at the technical center
- Shout out to Gunnar Gross, Student of the Week-Leadership in IT
From the desk of Mrs. Fitch-Boyd County Middle School
- Thank you Mr. Holbrook for hosting a great learning walk
- Thank you Mr. Fraley for being you.
- Thank you Mr. Boblett for supervising our students.
- Outstanding work BCMS students and staff. Enjoy the Christmas break.
From the desk of Mr. Stevens –Cannonsburg Elementary
- Shout out to Ava Kazee for placing 2nd overall in the female division in the Sheetz Dreammaker 5K run Saturday, December 1st
- Shout out to both STLP project for advancing to State-level competition and to their coaches, Tracie and Larry Salyers, for your dedication to the teams! Way to go TIGERS!!!
- Shout out to Olivia Phillips, Bailee Dennison and Ava Kazee for winning the 4th grade t-shirt designing contest!
- Shout out to the Academic team: Olivia Phillips, 4th in Language Arts, 4th in Arts & Humanities, Camron Blankenship 5th in A & H, Kaleb Kelly and Conner Davis 3rd place in Social Studies, Kaleb Kelley 4th in Science
- Shout out to the 5th grade students who volunteered to be Big Brothers and Big Sisters to our Kindergarten and 1st graders this school year
From the desk of Mr. Eerenberg-Ponderosa Elementary
- Shout out to Carly Baldwin for speaking with our teachers about Science.
- Shout out to the cafeteria staff for an awesome Thanksgiving and Christmas feast!
- Shout out to 5th grade for putting together an awesome Holiday dance
- Shout out to PTA for another successful Penguin Patch Holiday Shop
- Shout out to all the volunteers for helping decorate for the Festival of Trees
- Shout out to all the staff for doing a great job getting decorated for the Festival of Trees
From the desk of Mr. Stewart-Summit Elementary School
- Shout out to Courtney Brickey for being the Good Apple Award recipient for the month of November, Congratulations!
- Shout out to Khira Parsley and Isabell Stroud for making All-State Choir! Proud of you two!!
- Shout out to Julie Thornbury, Larra Rockwell, our teachers and all the others that helped get the NTI packets together and out to our kids!
- Shout out to the entire fifth grade team for taking a concept and making it a reality! You’re hard work and dedication to the students are greatly appreciated
- Shout out to our kitchen staff for the great Thanksgiving meal and for always providing great meals and smiles to our kids!
- Shout out to Roger Elkins and all of those involved with our youth basketball leagues. Your dedication to our students is fantastic!
From the desk of Mrs. Malone-Early Childhood Learning Center
- Shout out to Trish Bayes, Shannon Dutton, Kayde Stevens, Cheryl Cook, Megan VanBibber and Becca Scott for stepping up and taking a bus monitoring route while we were having our Preschool students transported on the larger district buses.
- Shout out to Nick Miller for helping out several times on the bus.
- Shout out to Cheryl Caldwell for being so patient and working to get our Preschool children back on the little buses.
- Shout out to Bob Higginbotham for working diligently to get the process for moving into the Heritage building going in full swing.
- Shout out to Don Fleu for all the time spent writing the waivers for KDE to get us into the Heritage building.
- Shout out to Keith Carter for being here at South to monitor traffic.
- Shout out to Bill Boblett for all the support you provide our students and staff!
- Shout out to Pam Skiles for going above and beyond to fix a fairly new Christmas music box retrieved from Mrs. Bush’s trash. Thank you from Mrs. Bush and her classroom!
From the desk of Jeff Frasure-Catlettsburg Elementary
- Shout out to Becky Yates and Lisa Selvage for stepping up and doing car duty when we were short staffed.
- Shout out to Carly Baldwin for the great input you gave on science lessons.
- Shout out to Mandy Phillips for going above and beyond in her duties.
- Shout out to Kathy Cook for helping whenever you can.
- Shout out to Nicky Whitt for stepping up and taking the lead with the Science Fair.
- Shout out to Jessie Hapach-Taylor for your input.
- Shout out to Judy King for putting in extra time and helping when called upon.
- Shout out to Vicki Ellis for helping on so many levels.
- Shout out to Matt Spade for always being there with answers.
- Shout out to the entire staff for providing such a positive work environment.
- Shout out to Kathy Cook and family for decorating the lobby Christmas tree.
- Shout out to the 2nd/3rd grades staff for the awesome Thanksgiving feast provided for your students.
- Shout out to Jessie Hapach, she got married on the 17th!
- Shout out to District Administration for all the information you provided us for our walk-through.
- Shout out to Faculty, staff and students for all that you do and making it an enjoyable work environment.
- Shout out to Site-Based Decision-Making members for staying long hours through our interview process.
- Shout out to PTO for providing light snacks for our Learning Walk.
- Shout out to everyone that came to the school and helped with our Fall Carnival.
- Shout out to Marci Prater, DPP, for allowing Tina Carroll to come to the school to help train staff.
- Shout out to Tina Carroll for her kindness and willingness to help as needed.
- Shout out to Mandy Phillips for stepping up and helping when necessary.
- Shout out to Olivia Pennington for filling in as needed.
- Shout out to Shayla Hicks for her willingness to help as needed.
- Shout out to Kathy Cook for helping on her off days.
- Shout out to Krista All and Lisa Selvage, your love for students knows no boundaries.
- Shout out to Jackie Brewer for her pleasant/welcoming persona.
- Shout out to Jenny Caperton for going above and beyond her duties to help with our students.
From the desk of Superintendent Bill Boblett, District Office
- Shout out to Pam Skiles for receiving this week’s, “I Love Boyd County Schools” Award. You are awesome, Pam!
- Shout out to all BCPS STLP teams for their hard work in preparing for the Regional Competition at MSU!
- Thank you Randy Stapleton and Bob Green for your many years of service to the BCPS Board of Education. You will be missed!
- Welcome to the BCPS BOE Mrs. Mindy Stanley.
- Shout out to the BCHS Choir and band for an outstanding concert at the PAC last week.
- Shout out to Summit Elementary student Carson McClelland for his wonderful Carson’s Christmas Toys project.
- Outstanding work by the BCHS/BCMS wrestling team. They delivered Carson’s Christmas Toys to the Cabell Huntington Hospital Hoops Children’s Hospital.
- Shout out to the BCHS Choir for their wonderful performance at the Kiwanis meeting last week.
- Thank you BCHS Choir for singing “Mary, Did You Know” at the BOE meeting.
- Shout out to the BEST District Admin Team in the Commonwealth. Your leadership is outstanding.
- Thank you BCPS staff! Your efforts to meet the needs of our students on a daily basis is remarkable.
- Thank you for the many positive thoughts, cards, and prayers over the last year.
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!