November 16, 2020
Middle and High School Virtual Academy Families:
As you know, you can see grades 24 hours a day in the Edmentum platform. However, if you have not checked your parent portal in Infinite Campus for the grades your child has earned during the first nine weeks, feel free to do so. If you have any trouble viewing your child’s grades, please contact his or her teacher or your child’s school.
Please be aware of the following information:
- If your child has an “I” as a placeholder on his or her report card in any courses, this was given to indicate an Incomplete. Incomplete means he or she is significantly off pace and the current grade in Edmentum is not reflective of the course grade that would be given based on the amount of work completed. If your child was given an “I,” his or her teacher is giving time this week to get caught up on assignments before replacing scores with a zero and inputting the final grade for the first nine weeks. Please make sure your child takes advantage of the “grace period,” so he or she does not receive a failing grade.
- Please note that your child may log in to the platform at a time that is convenient to your family’s schedule, but they still must remain on pace and complete the expected assignments each week. It is important to note that all work currently in Edmentum must be completed by JANUARY 22, 2020. That is the end of the first semester and second 9 weeks. New assignments will be loaded for your child to begin completing at that time. Any assignments not completed for the first semester are subject to zeroes and will reflect in your child’s grade for the second nine weeks. To ensure your child has the best experience, we suggest logging in and completing assignments in each class every day. Again, all current assignments in Edmentum MUST be completed by January 22.
- If your child is not on pace, this could result in attendance issues. Teachers are still entering participation into Infinite Campus each week. Again, even if your child does not log in every day, they should still complete enough assignments each week to remain on pace and be counted as participating in Infinite Campus.
- As a reminder, your child’s grades count as they would during a normal school year. If he/she is significantly behind on assignments or has failing grades, there is the possibility that the school may choose to retain your child, or he/she may not earn credits as a result.
- If you have academic concerns, please reach out to your child’s teacher or school to find out if there are tutoring/one-on-one instructional options or online support programs available to help.
- Please remember that the virtual academy follows the school calendar, so when the school has “breaks,” such as Thanksgiving or Christmas Breaks, teachers will not be working or accessible. If you choose to have your child complete lessons during the “breaks,” that is totally up to you. However, virtual academy teacher facilitators will not be available for questions/assistance and will not be taking attendance that week.
Please remember that your child’s assigned teacher facilitator(s) are here to support you. Feel free to reach out to them at any time for assistance.
Chief Academic Officer