The Boyd County Preschool follows Montessori Educational Practices. The following are key statements that can be said of a Montessorri Classroom.
- The teacher-pupil ratio is about 1 to 10.
- The teacher has an unobtrusive role in the room.
- The environment and method encouage self-discipline.
- The instruction is mainly one-to-one.
- There is a mixed-age grouping which encourages children to teach and help each other.
- The children choose their own work and set their own learning space.
- The child discovers errors from materials, which are self correcting.
- Multi-sensory materials for physical exploration are available.