With parents help and permission, students can go to the following websites to help them with their research on a historical figure in history for social studies and or a weather related disaster in science.
Discovery channel on line ( just type in mini biography of...)
History channel on line (just type in mini biography of ...)
national geographic for kids (just type in the weather disaster of their choice...tornado, hurricane, blizzard, floods, drought,etc...)
Students will be doing the following:
* writing an expository/informative piece
* designing and creating a poster to match the writing piece
* presenting their information in a creative way to their peers and hopefully another classroom and maybe an invitation to the parents.
Some Ideas to consider:
1. Come dressed as historical figure
2. sing a song that represents material covered
3. design a piece of art work that represents material covered
5. complete a science experiment if you are doing a weather topic
Very excited about our February and March as students are born to learn, teach, and lead by example!