Ways to help encourage reading from home:
1. Read aloud to your child every day
2 Visit the public library--often.
3. Have your child read aloud to you.
4. Fill your home with reading materials like books,
magazines, newspapers, and cookbooks.
5. Let your child see you reading for fun.
6. Set aside a regular time for family reading.
7. Give magazine subscriptions or books as gifts for special occasions.
8. Not all reading has to be books. What about menus, road signs, and
9. Help your child start their own library or special place to keep books.
10. Start seasonal traditions by picking a book to read together every
year during the holidays.
Education.com. 20 Ways for Parents to Encourage Reading. http://www.education.com/reference/article/Ref_20_Ways_Parents/.
Date of access June 19, 2013.