Welcome back to school parents and students! I’m so proud of our class, we are ready to start the first full week of school and need your help. Below is a list of things to help make this a smooth start to the new school year.
1. School Forms – if you have any more papers that need to be filled out, please send them back ASAP. There may be a few more sent home this week. ALL LUNCH FORMS must be returned regardless of the free lunch for everyone!
2. School Supplies- If your child need school supplies, please have those items as soon as possible. If you need any assistance with getting supplies, just email me at Beverly.firstname.lastname@example.org. **Please leave all the letters and protective covers in these binders, we will use them throughout the school year. Thank you!
3. Class Snacks – Students are allowed to have snack each day. Please send something that students can eat quickly. I suggest cereal in a baggy or something simple. If you would like to send in dry snacks for students who are unable it would be greatly appreciated. Items such as crackers, cereal, nabs, small bags of chips, animal cookies, etc.
4. Scholastic News Money- You may send in the $8.00 as a check written out to Scholastic News or you may send cash in a baggy or envelop with your child’s name on it please. We will have Science Spin & Geography Spin included.
5. Homework – Students will have homework each night.
• Reading – Students have AR books and Class Reading book. Read 15-20 min.
• Math sheet that will have math problems for each night of the week. Math sheets will be checked on Friday.
• Spelling words to study for Friday’s spelling test. (ABC order, write as practice 2 times each, Use the words in a sentence correctly, Give words out to your child on Thursday night as a pretest for Friday).
• Reflex Math if you have internet. I will send home passwords. Try to do 2-3 times a week.
• Class Behavior Sheet – Please look over your child’s class behavior sheet. Your child should be able to tell your where their clip is at each day. Sometimes students move up/down the behavior chart.
• ALWAYS help your child clean out binders and keep their school supplies organized. Remove any papers that are sent home or graded from the folder. Book bags and binders need to be cleaned out weekly. Thanks!
6. Class Web Page – If you would like a copy of our class Curriculum Map that shows what we are studying each week, please visit our class webpage. Log on to Boyd County Webpage, Click on Summit, Go to Teacher Webpages, Click on Beverly Butcher. If you have any problems, I’ll help you, just let me know. Homework binders and Class Dojo will be our way of communicating on a daily basis.
7. Special Classes:
Monday – Music
Tuesday – Gym **** TENNIS SHOE TUESDAY
Wednesday – Library/Counseling
Thursday – Art
Friday – Rotation Day
8. Class Dojo App – If you have not sent in an email or a phone number that you check daily, please do so. I will send important messages through Class Dojo weekly about test, field trips, letters coming home, schedules, etc.
If you ever need to contact me, the quickest way is through email at Beverly.email@example.com. Parent/Teacher Conferences will start late September. I will send home more information later.
Thanks you for all your support!