3348 Court Street
Catlettsburg, KY 41129
Hours of operation: Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Appointments always available for service after hours
Nancy Ross - Southwestern Community Action Council Member
While the broad goal for any Family Resource Center is to "meet the needs of economically disadvantaged children and their families", activities provided through FRC-East are available to all children, youth, parents and families who live in the community served by the center. The center's activities and programs are for ALL children and families. All families are served regardless of social, ethnic, and/or socioeconomic status
GOALS of Family Resource Center - East
- To promote the healthy growth and development of children by assisting families to identify and address any home or community barriers to a child's success in school.
- To assist families to develop the parenting skills that can promote the full development of children.
- To ensure that families have access to and are connected with appropriate community resources and receive from those resources the help that they need.
- To encourage social support linkages and networks among families, thereby reducing isolation and promoting family involvement in community activities.
- To generate optimal parental and family involvement by offering learning and service opportunities that will enable parents and other family members to participate in center and community activities as providers, participants, and volunteers.
SERVICES OFFERED BY FRC-EAST
Parenting Skills classes
New School Year Celebration
Child Care Training Celebration
Drug/Alcohol awareness programs
Eye glasses assistance
Pathways Counseling Services
Reading Is Fundamental (R.I.F.)
After school child care
Summer Feed program
Terrific Kid program
Volunteer in-school parents
Attendance incentive programs
Child abuse awareness programs
Holiday food and gift assistance
Community agency referrals
...and many more!