Superintendent Shout Out #12
From the desk of Mr. Holbrook-Boyd County High School
- Congratulations to Tristan McDavid, Katlyn Erwin, Hannah Hupp and Miranda Davis who all went to the state swim meet.
- Shout out to the archery team for placing 1st and Dilun Queen for placing 1st overall.
- Shout out to Mr. Deborde for helping with the Advanced Ed student surveys.
- Congratulations to Mrs. Felty and Mrs. Jackson and the students of the Reading Plus program. BCHS is 2nd in the state on average lessons read with 94.5.
- Thank you Mrs. Lynch and thank you students for helping in the cafeteria this week.
- Shout all to all of our food service workers, you do a wonderful job every day preparing breakfast and lunch for our students and staff.
- Thank you Mr. Spears for creating a lion print and donating the proceeds to the senior class.
- Thank you Mrs. Fox, Mrs. Lemaster, and Mr. Barber for being supportive and assisting our students.
- Shout out to Mrs. Lewis and all the students who participated in the regional science fair at ACTC.
- Thank you BCHS English Department for planning and organizing the Poetry Out Loud program.
- Awesome job Trent Litteral in winning the school wide Poetry Out Loud competition.
From the desk of Mr. Deborde-BCCTEC Principal
- Congratulations for being the student of the week Morgan Vaughan. Awesome leadership with the Skills USA chapter.
- Shout out to the staff of BCCTEC. I appreciate the excellent feedback from our continuous improvement visit from KDE.
- Thank you for stepping up and keeping our business program running smoothly Mrs. Goins.
- Congratulations Shaun Richardson for your excellent leadership in the automotive lab and for being our student of the week.
- Thank you for providing excellent daycare services Mrs. Runnels. The Little Friends daycare is awesome.
- Shout out to the best bookkeeper, attendance clerk, administrative secretary, office manager, and peacekeeper in Boyd County. We appreciate you Mrs. Caldwell.
From the desk of Mrs. Fitch-Boyd County Middle School Principal
- Thank you Mrs. Stanley and Mrs. Gross for putting on an outstanding open house in our new building.
- Thank you students for making the move to the new building as seamless as possible.
- Shout out to the BCMS staff for your hard work during the move from the Heritage Building to our newly renovated school.
- Words cannot describe how thankful we are to our maintenance staff and custodial staff for all your hard work during the move.
- Many thanks to our food service staff for your constant flexibility.
- Thank you Mrs. Osbourne for coordinating the various projects and logistics in our new building.
- Outstanding efforts by our BCMS parents, we appreciate all you do.
- Thank you Deputy Wechsler for being awesome!
From the desk of Mr. Stevens –Cannonsburg Elementary Principal
- Shout out to our Academic Team. Awesome job Olivia Phillips 4th place LA, Josh Kelly 3rd place science, Camron Blankenship 4th place in A&H, Addison Powers 4th place in written comp.
- Awesome job FPS team. Congrats to Bailee Dennison, Haleigh Steel, Jossalyn Akers, and Bella Litteral for placing 2nd.
- Way to go Payton Trowbridge! He memorized all of his multiplication facts.
- Congratulations to Bailee Dennison and Olivia Phillips for winning Grand Champion runner up in the science and engineering fair. They will advance to the next level at NKU.
- A big shout out to the CES staff who assisted during the Governor’s Cup meet.
- Thank you Cathy Jackson for being the Governor’s Cup manager. We know it was hard work!
- Thank you Katie Phillips and Teresa Cassity for our free assembly with Cirque Zuma Zuma.
- Why to go Olivia Phillips! She competed in the Eastern Martial Arts Challenge in Richmond KY.
- Thank you students for raising money for Jump Rope for Heart.
From the desk of Mr. Eerenberg-Ponderosa Elementary Principal
- Outstanding work Academic team and coaches for placing 1st in the district meet. Go Mustangs!
- Shout out to Mrs. Ford and Ms. Crow for coaching the Academic Team and always giving the kids such great encouragement to always reach their goals.
- Thank you to our wonderful custodians for working hard to keep our school clean.
- Shout out to our school nurses for taking such good care of our kids.
- Shout out to Carla and Yolanda for always being willing to help our kids.
- Thank you for going above and beyond for our students Chris Barrett.
- Shout out to Deputy Wechsler for starting the DARE program.
- Thank you to our counselor Mrs. Fuller for being awesome.
- Thank you for putting on another great cooking class FRC.
- Many thanks to Ms. Caperton and all those who assisted with delivering the food backpacks on Saturday.
From the desk of Mr. Stewart-Summit Elementary School Principal
- Thank you students, your attendance this week has been great.
- Shout out to our PTA, your efforts to make our school great are appreciated.
- We appreciate our maintenance and custodial staff. Keep up the great work!
- Awesome work this week students. Your efforts have not gone without notice.
- Congratulations to our academic team and the coaches. We placed second overall at the district Governor’s Cup meet.
- Shout out to our front office staff, I appreciate all you do for the students, staff, and parents of Summit Elementary.
From the desk of Mr. Frasure-Catlettsburg Elementary Principal
- Shout out to Judi King for her diligent work in finding grants for our teachers to apply and benefit our students.
- Thank you Shayla Hicks for going above and beyond in helping things run smooth throughout the school day.
- Shout out to Mrs. Cook and Mrs. Whitt for applying for and receiving a grant that pays for 70 Reflex Math licenses…this is a $3,295 value.
- Shout out to Mrs. Gindlesperger and the academic team for the awesome showing at the district competition and for receiving the sportsmanship award.
- Thank you for all you do for our students Mrs. Deboarde.
From the desk of Mr. Boblett-Boyd County Public Schools Interim Superintendent
- Shout out to the REHS teachers and staff for beginning to build your Professional Learning Community.
- Thank you BCMS students, staff, and parents for your dedication and patience during our move from the Heritage Building to the newly renovated BCMS.
- Outstanding efforts Roxanne and Mindy for putting together an awesome open house at BCMS. We had nearly 1000 visitors visit our new building.
- Thank you Mrs. Lynch and class for serving the goodies at the BCMS open house.
- Words cannot explain how thankful I am to Mr. Black, Mr. Barrett, and Mr. Withrow for their efforts over the last few years in planning and organizing the new BCMS.
- Thank you Mr. Fleu, I appreciate your tireless work with our district budget in these difficult times.
- Shout out to our district GT teachers, Mrs. Wiler and Ms. Conley. We appreciate your efforts with our students.
- Thank you Mrs. Ellis and Mrs. Wright, your efforts are greatly appreciated.
- Thank you for putting up with us at the Heritage Building Mrs. Polly.
- Shout out to Judy McCoy, your very early morning work helps keep our students safe.
- Shout out to the best transportation department in the Commonwealth. We appreciate you safely transporting our students.
- Congratulations to Maggie Kinnel and Shelby Willis who will be moving on to the state Governor’s Cup.
- Shout out to Grace Conley who missed the state Governor’s Cup cut by one point in a very competitive region. Keep it up Grace!
- Thank you Deputy Wechsler for caring and keeping our kids safe.
- Thank you BCPS Board of Education members. We appreciate Bob, Randy, Linda, Tammy, and Judy for all they do for the students, staff, and parents of BCPS.
- Many thanks to the Boyd County Sheriff’s department for your hard work and dedication to our students and staff.
- Shout out to all the members of the District Leadership Team for their hard work in helping prepare for the upcoming accreditation.
- Shout out to all of our BCPS school guidance counselors. Your commitment to children is outstanding.
- Many thanks to all of the BCPS principals, assistant principals and directors. Your hard work is a testament to the great things you do for our kids.
- Thank you to our homebound teacher Mrs. Salyers. We appreciate you driving throughout the county delivering quality education to our sick and injured students.