Superintendent Shout Out #1
From the desk of Mr. Holbrook-Boyd County High School Principal
- Shout Out to the Family Resource and Youth Service Center for organizing a successful Readifest.
- Shout Out all BCHS Staff for a wonderful 1st Day of School.
- Thank you BCHS Key Club for helping prepare the lockers for our students at BCHS.
- Shout out to Karli Childers for winning Grand Champion in Landscape and Floral Design at the Kentucky State Fair.
- Thank you Ashland Credit Union for providing breakfast for the staff on opening day.
- Shout out to Vickie Caniff for always helping our students succeed at BCHS.
- Shout out to our custodial and maintenance staff for helping make BCHS look great.
- Thank you Mr. Keyes and the I Love You Guys Foundation for providing safety training for the district staff. Your message touched many hearts and lives within the district.
- Shout out to Cheryl Caldwell for being at BCHS during afternoon bus dismissal and working with BCHS and BCCTEC to transport our students.
From the desk of Mr. Deborde-BCCTEC Director
- Shout out to Karli Childers, she is the Double Grand Champion in landscape design and floral design at the KY State Fair.
- Outstanding work Tracy Caldwell, we appreciate you getting our staff up and running smoothly for the school year.
- Thank you for the hard work Tim Logsdon, the building looks amazing.
From the desk of Mrs. Brewster-Ramey Estep High School and Boyd County Central Principal
- Outstanding work this week REHS staff, I appreciate your efforts.
- Thank you REH maintenance and custodial staff for your hard work in getting our classrooms ready to go for students.
- Shout out to Mrs. Anderson and Ms. Wiley for your vision and assistance in getting Boyd County Central off and running.
- Thank you REH board members for partnering with BCPS.
- Shout out to Mr. McKenzie and Mrs. Stevens-Williams for your hard work and dedication to Boyd County Central.
From the desk of Mrs. Fitch-Boyd County Middle School Principal
- A huge thank you to the custodial staff at BCMS! They really take pride in their work, the school looks fabulous!
- Shout out to our teachers! The classrooms look comfortable, vibrant, and organized. Thank you for creating spaces where any student would want to be!
- Thank you to the wonderful central office staff that assists with the hiring process. It seems we have spent much of the summer hiring, and now we are reaping the benefits.
- Shout out to Courtney McClelland and Doug Bowling for becoming Gateway certified in automation and robotics and medical detectives. They are super excited to offer these courses to our students.
- Congrats to Deputy Wechsler for being honored as the First Responder of the Week by 93.7 fm. He is a great example for all of us.
- To our bus drivers, BCMS is grateful for you! You are the first and sometimes the last person from the district our children see. Thank you for being a positive role model to our kids. BCMS salutes you!
- The breakfast served before the I Love You Guys program was so nice. The strawberries were delicious! Thanks food service!
- Thank you, Mrs. Osborne for all the logistics that you take care of. Your passion for students and love for education is inspiring.
- Shout out to our new hires! You are a great addition to our Wildcat Family!
- Thank you to Fairview Baptist Church for the yummy brownies!
- Thank you to our parents for being patient during our new dismissal procedure.
From the desk of Mr. Stevens –Cannonsburg Elementary Principal
- Shout out to the Cannonsburg custodial staff. Jaronda, Chris, and Cortney work hard to make our school look beautiful. We appreciate your cleaning and painting skills.
- Thank you Cannonsburg Volunteer Fire Department for cleaning our playground.
- Shout out to the Cannonsburg teachers who attended the Kagan training.
- Outstanding work by our Family Resource Center and volunteers for a wonderful Readifest.
- Thank you Cannonsburg PTO for providing breakfast for our staff on the first day of school.
- Shout out to Fairview Baptist Church and Trinity United Methodist Church for providing snacks for our staff on the first day of school.
From the desk of Mr. Eerenberg-Ponderosa Elementary Principal
- Shout out to our staff for making our 1st week of school run so smoothly.
- Outstanding work Deputy Rick, we appreciate you keeping our children safe.
- Thank you Mrs. Klemme and Mrs. Shelton for all your help with the schedules.
- Shout out to the PTA for purchasing cronuts for opening day breakfast.
- Thank you Fairview Baptist Church for bringing the fabulous brownies to the staff.
- Shout out to Garner Baptist Church for donating supplies and backpacks to our students.
From the desk of Mr. Stewart-Summit Elementary Principal
- Shout out to our faculty and staff for a fantastic start to the school year. The new school year would not be possible without your hard work and dedication. Our kids and our entire community are lucky to have such a close working family that truly cares about what they do.
- Shout out to Mr. Spade and the I Love You Guys Foundation for an eye opening and informational day.
- Shout out to Drew Jones for his “swabbing the deck” skills.
From the desk of Mr. Frasure-Catlettsburg Elementary Principal
- Shout out to the entire staff for a smooth opening day, your love for the kiddos has been noticed.
- Outstanding work Carl Labor, great job making our school look nice.
- Thank you Sherry Fannin, we appreciate you decorating our school.
- Shout out to the BCPS Maintenance Department, we appreciate all that you do for our school.
- Thank you BCPS Technology Department, we appreciate all you do for our school.
From the desk of Mr. Boblett-Boyd County Public Schools Superintendent
- Shout out to our Boyd County Public Schools Board of Education Members. Mr. Green, Mr. Stapleton, Mrs. Day, Mrs. Pruitt, and Dr. Nichols always do what is best for our students and team members.
- Shout out to the BCPS Team members for their participation in the Standard Response Protocol workshop on Monday. Kids who feel safe learn at higher levels. Thanks for being willing and ready to deal with any circumstance!
- Shout out to Dr. Fred Carter, I appreciate your leadership and insight.
- Thank you Mr. Spade for your leadership with the I Love You Guys Foundation training.
- Congratulations to Deputy Wechsler for being named the First Responder of the Week by 93.7 The Dawg. Your efforts to keep our kiddos safe is greatly appreciated.
- Shout out to all members of the BCPS Central Office Team. Your efforts over the summer to get school off and running smoothly are second to none.
- Outstanding work by all BCPS Bus Drivers. We appreciate your skills and flexibility in transporting our wonderful kiddos.
- Thank you for your leadership Cheryl Caldwell. We appreciate your hard work and dedication to our students.
- Thank you BCHS Quarterback club, your efforts to improve our football facility are appreciated.
- Outstanding efforts by our custodial team throughout the district. All of our BCPS facilities look wonderful!
- Thank you Mr. Black, Mr. Barrett, and Mr. Withrow. We appreciate your efforts and hard work in getting our schools ready to go for students.
- Thank you Mrs. Thacker and all of the food service team. The nutritious and tasty meals you provide to our students on a daily basis are greatly appreciated.
- Thank you Roxanne Gross, I appreciate your hard work on our Back to School Bash.
- Shout out to Ms. Pontier and the Technology Team for your hard work in overcoming several obstacles this summer.
- Shout out to our payroll and finance department. Your efforts to keep our hours and pay in line are outstanding.
- Shout out to all BCPS Team Members who attending the Kagan Structures professional learning this summer. Our kiddos will learn at greater levels because of your efforts.
- Shout out to all FRC/YSC Directors, staff members, and volunteers for an awesome Redifest.
- Thank you Mrs. Carroll for your efforts with our new employees.
- Shout out to Mrs. Carole Chaney for keeping me in line on a daily basis.
- Shout out to Mrs. Brewster, Mr. McKenzie, Mrs. Stevens-Williams, Mrs. Anderson, and Ms. Wiley for your efforts over the summer to get Boyd County Central ready to go for students.
- Thank you Mrs. Prater and Bill Cole Auto mall for once again providing a car for one of our BCHS Seniors to win who meet the criteria.
- Outstanding work by Mrs. Meade, her reception skills at the district office are fabulous.
- Thank you Mrs. Maynard for your efforts in assisting with the many trainings that took place over the summer.
- Shout out to Mrs. Curnutte, we appreciate your technology and PR skills.
- Thank you to all BCPS Team Members and students. We are looking forward to a great 2018-2019 school year.
Please mark your calendars for the upcoming Back to School Bash that will take place on Friday, August 31st from 5:00-7:00 before the home football game vs. South Point. Free food, inflatables, and a cupcake contest.
Follow us on Twitter
Bill Boblett @Boydmiddle
BCPS District @BCPSdistrict