Superintendent Shout Out #15
From the desk of Mr. Holbrook-Boyd County High School
- Thank you Heritage Free Will Baptist Church for supplying Giovanni’s pizza for all staff members.
- Many thanks to Wildwood Church of God for supplying muffins for all staff members.
- Congratulations to Cole Chaney for placing 1st and Justin Fowler for placing 2nd at the KWI Boyd County Welding Competition.
- Shout out to Mrs. Lynch and her students for providing lunch and dinner for our AdvancEd group.
- Thank you to all the faculty, staff, and community members for participating in the College and Career Fair at BCHS. This was a wonderful day for our students and community.
- Shout out to all the teachers who adjusted their schedules and helped accommodate with the college and career fair.
- Thank you Cathy Anderson for helping students in the cafeteria for National Kick Butts Day.
- Shout out to Mr. Bowling and Mr. Johnson for organizing the Music in our Schools Program. Outstanding work!
- Thank you to our counselors for organizing a meeting with Dr. Jerry Gilbert the president of Marshall University.
- Thank you Mrs. Griffith for collecting money for the AP tests.
- Shout out to our AP science teachers and students for taking the mock exams.
- Shout out to Braidy Industries CEO Mr. Bouchard for providing an additional scholarship for students at BCHS.
- Thank you Joel Nahari, son of holocaust survivors for speaking with our students. Such a powerful message.
- Thank you Ms. Bryan for organizing the meeting the Mr. Nahari.
From the desk of Mrs. Fitch-Boyd County Middle School Principal
- Thank you to Kelli Totten and Alison Bays for organizing the 2nd Annual Boys' Mentoring event.
- Congrats to our archery team for a good showing at state. We were in the top 25! Great job coaches!
- Thank you for all the work you do, Mrs. Prater, to promote the benefits of having good attendance.
- Thanks to our STLP coaches, Mrs. Watson and Mrs. Dixon for all of their support for our students. The students represented well at state.
- Shout out to BCHS for a great College and Career Fair! Thanks to all who worked hard to make this happen for our students.
- Thanks to all who chaperoned and fundraised for the 8th grade trip.
- Thank you to all who attended the march to support funding for public education.
- Thanks to Roxane Gross and Mindy Stanley for the hot fudge cake for our teachers!
- Shout out to Wildwood Church of God for decorating our teacher lounge and bringing the delicious treats. We are truly thankful for your love and support.
- Thank you to Mr. Stevens for sending Mr. Salyers to help us out during our sub shortage. It is great to have that type of support…family helping family.
- Thank you to Haven Opell for her efforts with our bookkeeping. She does an amazing job!
- Thank you to the wonderful office staff Carri, Haven, Gwen, Tina, and Libby for keeping our school running smoothly.
- Shout out to Heritage Freewill Baptist Church for serving our staff lunch. Awesome community partner.
From the desk of Mr. Stevens –Cannonsburg Elementary Principal
- Thank you students for an awesome week of attendance.
- Shout out to our Cannonsburg staff for being the best.
- Thank you Chris for going the extra mile in keeping our school clean.
- Shout out to Deputy Wechsler, the best SRO in the business.
From the desk of Mr. Eerenberg-Ponderosa Elementary Principal
- Thank you Mr. Pence for your help with the marquee and setting up tables for Career Day.
- We appreciate Ms. Adams’ with the hospitality suite for Career Day.
- Shout out to our itinerant teachers for all their help whenever and wherever they are needed.
- Awesome book fair Ms. Criss and the parent volunteers.
- Thank you PES custodians for your help setting up for AEP.
- Thank you teachers for scheduling career day speakers.
From the desk of Mr. Stewart-Summit Elementary School Principal
- Shout out to Mel Craft, Jessica Hensley, Ruth Ellen Chaney, Letitia Rudie, and everyone else involved in our Family Literacy Night.
- A big shout out to our instructional assistants for going above and beyond to help in all situations.
- Thank you to our students and parents for raising over $5000 for Jump Rope for Heart.
- A big shout out to Letitia Rudie on a great book fair week.
From the desk of Mr. Frasure-Catlettsburg Elementary Principal
- Shout out to Mrs. Crooks for organizing the “Love is Here” project for our break room.
- Shout out to Judi King for all you do for the faculty and students of Catlettsburg.
- Thank you WOW program for getting track started back at our school.
From the desk of Mr. Boblett-Boyd County Public Schools Interim Superintendent
- Shout out to our district’s Assistant Principals, Mr. Meade, Ms. Osborne, and Mrs. Martin. We appreciate everything you do for our students.
- Shout out to Catlettsburg Elementary for the outstanding job you do for kids. The Learning Walks showed us, once again, what a great staff you have.
- Many thanks to the staff members who represented BCPS in Frankfort, your hard work and dedication to public education is appreciated.
- Shout out to Katie Hanners, Janice Marcum and all those who made the Career Day at BCHS happen.
- Many thanks to all of our community partners who participated in the College and Career readiness activities during the month of March.
- Many thanks to Wildwood Church of God for providing Central Office with the wonderful snacks.
- Shout out to our BOE members- Mr. Green, Mr. Stapleton, Mrs. Day, Mrs. Pruitt, and Dr. Nichols. We appreciate your continued support and unwavering commitment to the students and staff of BCPS.
- Thank you Tim Black, Jason Withrow, Chris Barrett and all of our maintenance and custodial staff. Your work to keep our schools up and running is greatly appreciated.
- Shout out to ALL BCPS staff members. Your hard work as public educators is appreciated and recognized for the positive impact you have on the lives of children.
- Thank you Mrs. Pam for your hard work every day in keeping our district office neat and clean.